Thursday, June 6, 2013

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

It's only been a few days and I already can't remember all the things we have done. Varanassi was beyond words. I love it there so much and I'm kind of sad we left. But I'm thrilled to be back in my element, the mountains, surrounded by nature and a calm pace of life. Rishikesh has been nothing short of mystical. I warned everyone about me nerding out on the outcrops but I don't think they understood what I was saying. Right when we got off the bus, I rushed to an outcrop and started examining the rocks there. I found a perfect sample of green schist that I'm especially proud about. I'm in the Himalayas! Every geologists personal dream, and I'm here! It's all too surreal.

Yesterday we hiked our way to the Beatles Ashram. I was beyond speechless to be in the same place that the Beatles stayed while writing the white album and experiencing India. I wonder if this country effected them they same way it has effected me. I've grown into such a strong person. And I'm beyond proud that I can say that I adapted so comfortably to a lifestyle I have never known before. I wanted to hide out in the Beatles Cathedral and never come back. But I would eventually begin to miss my family and friends. I wish that they were here with me.

Today we went river rafting on the Ganga and all I can say is WOW. Even minute was an adrenaline rush that I couldn't get enough of. At one spot we went cliff jumping which was beyond amazing. I couldn't stop. I had jumped off four times and every time the guide saw me swimming back he would just smile and laugh at the complete joy I was clearly showing.

I honestly don't want to leave. Every moment here has been nothing short of blissful and I want to continue experiencing this country more and more. I'm addicted to India.

Namaste,
Lindsay Pugh

No comments:

Post a Comment