Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mcleod Ganj and Goodbye to India!

When we arrived in Mcleod Ganj we were all amazed and relieved to feel some cool air! Our hotel over looked the Himalayas and we could even see a huge snow covered mountain in the distance! It was so beautiful. Mcleod Ganj had such a different feel from everywhere else we have visited. It's so much calmer, and there are so many more tourists! But my favorite part of Mcleod Ganj was when we were able to visit the Tong Len Hostel. This is a place that was started by monks who take children out of the slums and provide them with a place to stay, meals, and an education. The children were so excited to have people come to play with them for a day and to bring them some small gifts! It seemed that when we walked in each child picked each of us out and stayed with us the whole time. One little girl who was seven years old immediately held my hand and basically didn't let go until I left. She kept wanting to sing songs and wanted me to dance with her. I was so amazed at how well behaved all of the children were. When it was time to leave I couldn't stop hugging her. She kept giving me hugs and kisses and telling me how she missed me already. I miss her so much and wish she could have just come back with me! I hope one day I will be able to return to this organization or benefit it in some way.
 Today is our last day in India! I can't believe how fast the trip has come to an end. We are leaving tonight! I am so sad to leave all of the people and places we have experienced behind. I am so thankful for all of the things I have been able to experience in such a small amount of time. I can honestly say that there is not one thing about this trip that I have truly disliked. Even though some of the bathrooms were a little hard to get over and I got sick, those are not the things I will look back on. I will look back on how much I have learned and how much I have grown to love everything about India! I am extremely sad to have to say goodbye to India, but I am excited to see my friends and family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment