Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Is this real life?

I still cant believe I am in India, even though I feel like India is my new home. I am super sad that after tonight there is only two more nights left. This trip has seriously flown by. I can barely even wrap my mind around the things my little eyes have seen. Just to think that I have seen so many beautiful, sacred temples and the TAJ MAHAL, wow. The people I have met here in India have been life changing. This is weird to think but I feel like Indians, in general, have more love and soul than most of the American people I have encountered. I also feel that the reason for that is the way they live their lives: more religion, meditation, and yoga. All of these have a huge impact on your output towards others. I can just feel the love and positive energy when I met someone here for the first time; hopefully I can bring those same vibes with me back to the states and I will be an influence for others to do the same.

Leaving India scares me. I don't want to leave this place, it has almost become my home. I have walked, lived, breathed, meditated, bargained, and ate in the streets of India for the past 22 days. All I can think about is me not experiencing India anymore, only reflecting on the time I spent here. I will never forget the sights my eyes have locked in my imagination forever. Some things I have seen have ABSOLUTELY changed my entire approach to life, such as the starving families in the slum,  all of the human beings with mutations, and the burning of several hundreds of bodies a day in Varanasi. These are some of the more disturbing memories, but these images have influenced me in a way that I would never experienced if I didn't see them. They have taught me that life is a precious gift and to not take what you have for granted. We are Americans, that is already a huge blessing just to be born in the United States. Material items are no longer anything I care about, I wasn't big on material things before this trip but I just didn't realize how much I actually had. A lot of people in India don't even have a bed, ya know? The most beautiful temple I saw on this entire trip was Akshardam, this should be one of the seven wonders of the world. As soon as I saw the inside of the temple, I began to cry. I have never experienced seeing something so beautiful that I cried. I advise everyone to go see this temple in their lifetime. It sucked because we weren't allowed to take our cameras inside, but honestly this is a place that can NEVER be forgotten, a mental picture is burned in my brain. I will definitely be going back here with my future husband and kids.

I just want to thank everyone who followed our blog post and I hope you have enjoyed them as much as we have. Hopefully you got a small dose of India while sitting in America, millions of miles away! I am very fortunate to be able to study abroad and studying abroad was one of the BEST things I have ever done for myself in my lifetime. I have opened a set of eyes that I never knew could be opened. My heart is forever changed for the better.

Love is essential.
Love is pure.
Love is free.
Loving is life.

Gracie




 

No comments:

Post a Comment