Saturday, June 15, 2013

torn between two worlds

I can't believe I'm actually back. This trip already feels like it was a dream and our plane only landed one hour ago. It was definitely different not getting stared at as if we were a walking freak show. Also, the weather in DC has been nothing short of heavenly. I honestly don't know how to react right now. I already miss India so much. The connections I've made with people in the group and natives in the cites will always have a special place in my heart. I will most certainly be going back to Mcleod Ganj. To be surrounded by so many calm buddhist monks and tibetans was absolutely wonderful. The teaching from the llama was especially important to me since it was on the buddhist concept of emptiness. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. I was transfixed by his demeanor while he was giving the teachings. Even though I had no idea what he was saying, I could feel the sense of deep connection and understanding on the perfection of wisdom.

I will most certainly never forget this trip. I want to see the world and then some. And who knows where else I might end up. On the flight to Abu Dhabi, I was invited to stay with a pharmacist who lives in Nigeria. So maybe adventures in Africa will be on the agenda?

No comments:

Post a Comment