Thursday, June 6, 2013

Adventures in Rishikesh

Greetings from Rishikesh, my new favorite place in India.

I know I haven't blogged in a while, but I've been so busy soaking up everything that India has to offer. I really don't want to leave. I even emailed my parents asking if I could come live here for a year if I graduate early. I'm pretty sure they weren't too thrilled about that question, but I'll never know since they never email me back (here is your cue to do so). I can't even believe how beautiful this town is. We have visited the markets, explored the Beatles Ashram, and most importantly, we have dived into the majestic Ganga River. Despite the scorching heat in Rishikesh, the river remains cool and calming, and by cool and calming, I actually mean freezing cold and filled with massive rapids. This morning, we went on a 4-hour rafting journey on the Ganga. West, Josh, Lindsey, Leela, Karina, and I sat in a raft with our awesome guide Bijay. He made us feel comfortable, but also challenged us to push ourselves. We jumped in, fell in, danced, sang, and overall had an amazing time. We also went cliff diving; it was a baby cliff though. As enjoyable as it was, I don't think I'll be doing that again. I got basically all of the water of the Ganga in my ears, and my head continues to throb as I sit here. I should probably do something about this soon. Aaah I can't even put into words how crazy this entire day was. I feel so liberated, not to mention I have been cleansed of my sins. Life is good, aside from these ear issues. I miss you all at home! Mom and dad, check your email instead of freaking out and calling my professor; love y'all though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment