Saturday, May 25, 2013

Welcome to Pushkar

Hello from India!

Late yesterday afternoon we arrived in Pushkar and let me just say that this place is beyond amazing. The hotel is gorgeous and the city is vibrant. It is a definite change of pace from Delhi. Don't get me wrong, Delhi was fabulous but there is something sort of magical about Pushkar to me. I could stay here forever. This morning the group ventured out into the town. Today is a holy day in both Buddhist and Hindu religions and the town was packed. We were able to see many beautiful temples and participate in some religious practices. Another notable thing about Pushkar is that the people here are so friendly. Yes, people do still stare but they want to talk to you more than anything. It has been wonderful being able to interact with everyone and really connect. Everyone loves taking our picture as well. A few people in Pushkar have wanted pictures with me (probably because I am the whitest person here even among the group). One woman even wanted to take a picture of me holding her baby. I hate that we are only in Pushkar for such a short amount of time but I can't wait to see what the next place has to offer!

Josie 

No comments:

Post a Comment