Friday, May 24, 2013

Ghandi Memorial

Hello from India!

Yesterday we visited the Mahatama Ghandi memorial in New Delhi.  That was one of the first things that got added to my "favorite parts of India" list.  The memorial is  set up as a walk through of GandiJi's life from his early career to the time of his assasination.  I thought the memorial did a beautiful job of capturing Gandi's teachings and philosophies.  The entire site had a feeling of peace which allowed for peronal reflection of Gandi's actions compared to my own.  I had not appreciatedhow important his influence was on religious philisophies in India as well until I read a section of an exhibit detailing this.  I am glad to have had the opportunity to learn about the importance of Ghandi on the people of India, beyond the well known knowledge of his pledge to nomviolence.

No comments:

Post a Comment