Friday, May 31, 2013

Varanasi Market place and Bargining

Varanasi is by far my favorite city we have visited in India. The whole town just gives me great vibes. The market place is awesome. It's cool because it looks like a small alley and really it goes so far back and branches off into little smaller shops and markets. I have a problem with spending all my rupees, im a shopaholic in India I just love all of their clothes. I feel like the clothes they sell in India are more my style than the American style of clothes. I want to buy ALL of the clothes and take them back for my closet, but I have to remember I have to eat too LOL. Another thing I enjoy about the market is bargining, I thought I would be horrible at this, but after one or two days practice I nailed it. The sellers will start super high because you are a tourist and they know you have money and you want to bring back goodies from India. The key to bargining is acting like you dont care about the clothes, even if you love them. When you offer your first price make it was lower than what you will actually pay, then meet them in the middle....or lower than the middle.

Me: I will give you 100 rupees for these pants.
Seller: No mam, you kill me now..Ill do 900
Me: Okay well see ya later, have a nice day
Seller: Mam no, come back Ill do 500, just for you, you only
Me: No im sorry, ill keep looking in other stores
Seller: How much will you pay
Me: 220 and no more
Seller: Okay Okay you have for 220 rupees

BAM! new pair of pants for like 4.50$
remember that 54 rupees equals ONE US DOLLAR

GET YOUR SHOP ON! 

No comments:

Post a Comment