Tuesday, May 28, 2013

India, India, India

India is such an amazing place! It's crazy how something can be so beautiful and serene but at the same time be so dirty and chaotic. The streets are vibrant and full of life and energy. It seems as though no two things are the same here. All of the saris, hotel rooms, and vehicles seem to exude their own unique character. I love the intricacy and artistic features of things here. It gives me a different feel. The U.S. seems to be monotonous compared to India.

One of my favorite parts of the trip so far was the cooking class we participated in in Pushkar. The woman who taught the class was named Deepa. Deepa was extremely amicable. She had a nice, warm smile. I've found that almost all of the people here are congenial...even the ones who try to haggle you, haha. At the class we learned how to make parantha, which is bread that is filled with potatoes. It was very yummy! We also learned how to make malai kofta and gulab jamun. Gulab jamun is a sweet doughnut type treat. These were also very delicious. Deepa's father, mother, nephew, brother, and children all made appearances throughout the course. I could feel the love they felt for each other. Loving one's family is something that permeates all cultures. Humans in general have a ubiquitous necessity for one another. If one is never exposed to other people as a child they will never attain the cognitive functioning capabilites necessary for language and growth. If humans are put in solitary confinement for extended periods of time they will literally go insane. We need each other to thrive. We should respect and love the people around us because without them we wouldn't be here.

Pushkar was amazing and I already miss the beautiful people and culture I encountered there.

This morning I went to the Taj Mahal. It was breathtaking. It didn't even look real! It is definitely one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life. All of the structures we have visited here have been gorgeous. The time and intricacy put into making them is incredible.

India is awesome! I'm looking forward to the future adventures that await me here.

-Francesca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment