Friday, May 31, 2013

Random Thoughts

So since we have been in India my mind cannot stop from wondering in all directions. I ponder many things but especially when I lay my head to rest on my pillow at night. As an American you do not see the things you see in India. I remember my first car ride back to our hotel after we landed in Delhi. The cars were blowing the horn everytime another vehicle got close to them, they also would flash their bright lights; in America that would be seen as a rude gesture for driving. The driver did not have a lane to drive in, he was just going back and forth dodging other cars that were also driving like mad men. This seemed crazy to me, but to them it was normal to drive this way. As we arrived at our hotel in Delhi I remember seeing people laying on the streets with barely no clothes on. I have never seen this before. The filthy streets of Delhi were these human beings bed. My heart broke for the people who were out on the hard, dirty ground. Another thing I couldnt stand to see was their innocent children wrapped in their arms also sleeping on the ground...CAN YOU SAY CULTURE SHOCK? Being in India has also made me so greatful for things I didnt even notice back home. I am truly, truly thankful for: a bed, a toilet, toilet paper, air conditioning, shade, a car, free internet/wifi, clothes for my body, shampoo/soap, shoes, hand sanitizer, clean water, fresh food, my families love and affection, money, opportunities for work and school, guidance, good health, insurance, police that actually do their job, knowledge/wisdom, media, politics, democracy, and most importantly my very own precious life. I feel this trip turning me from a teenager to a woman. I am greatful for this experiance and all of the people that get to share it with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment