Thursday, May 23, 2013

Today was our second day in India but it seems like we've been here for so much longer. We've done so much these past two days it's unreal. Delhi is overwhelming but fun!
So far, my favorite experience was going to the place where Gandhi last lived and was shot. He is one of my all-time favorite people and being in a place where he actually was seemed so surreal. There were quotes of his posted throughout the grounds and they all really spoke to me. One of my favorites was "I will not like to live in this world if it is not to be one". He was such a powerful human being and I love the message he spread. As someone who does not follow a specific religion, reading his words and understanding his philosophy on the world really gave me the satisfaction that I think most people get from religion. It amazes me how much of a difference he made on the world.
We also visited multiple temples today and they were all so different but all beautiful. I love seeing how different religions are yet they also all seem so alike. It makes the world seem much smaller. All the architecture on these temples is amazing and I've taken soo many pictures already.
I am so excited to continue our journey in this country that I already love!
-Sidney Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment