Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Taj Mahal

So today we woke up at 7 am and got to see the beautiful Taj Mahal.. The Taj Mahal is one of the 7 wonders of the world, this is the first one I got to experience. Once I walked into the gates and saw the Taj Mahal I couldnt believe my eyes, it was breath taking. The whole thing is made out of marble, which is insane to think about because when you see it, its huge. Its hard to wrap your mind around the idea that a man made this beautiful place for his wife. The husband started building the Taj Mahal in 1631 and took him a long 22 years to complete. At different times of the day the Taj Mahal turns different colors because of the marble and the reflection of the sun on it, which is so beautiful. The Quran is scripted all over the inside of the Taj, it is in black, which is also marble, not paint. Being there made me have some many feelings I have never felt before. It was so beautiful, and I had heard all kinds of stories about it and now it was right in front of my eyes. I just cant explain the beauty of this structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment