Friday, May 24, 2013

In Paradise

Hi everyone!
We have left Delhi and have headed to a small mountain town that is considered sacred to Hindus. The hotel we are staying at is gorgeous, serene and relaxing, which is a great change of pace after Delhi. I like this town a lot better. Delhi was definitely an exciting experience, but I like the slow pace of the countryside.

Did I mention someone tried to pick my pocket in Delhi? I caught a kid brushing up against me a couple of times feeling around for a wallet. Thank god I caught on to it in time. My passport is safe! I was in a slight shock after that happened as I have never had anyone try to pick my pocket before. It is definitely a whole different world here. On the bright side, I had many fabulous visits in Delhi from the Baha'i Lotus temple to the spot where Ghandi was assassinated to Akshardam, a huge Hindu temple complex. If you have never seen a picture of it, I suggest you Google it. It is a huge hand-carved temple with pools and gardens surrounding it. No surface was left untouched. I have never seen such ornate carvings before in my life.

From Delhi we took a twelve hour bus ride to the small mountain town. We have spent the rest of the evening relaxing and taking a cooking class. I cannot wait for what is to come!

Cheers,
Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment